Today, I wanna introduce a new weekly topic. On a weekly basis, I gonna update you with upcoming fashion trends based on street styles.
So, the first streetstyle I want to introduce: knee high & tigh high socks.
I got inspired by the monthly "Glamour" issue for Oktober 2010. And as I am more and more a fan of thights and stockings, I had to report about the new knee high socks. To be honest, I haven't worn them yet. This is due to the fact that I haven't bought any. But I think, today or or at least next week they're mine.
How to style them:
So, when you have the heart to wear knee high or tigh high socks - which is, in my book, very daring but otherwise pretty - there are many things you should pay attention to.
- The socks have to suit your body, so pick the length wisely! Tip: Keep your hands of from tigh high socks if you got big thighs - they draw to much attention to your problem area!
- Otherwise try both styles to see which is more figure-hugging and suits best.
- Keep in mind: Knee socks that finish below the knee accent your bone structure more and guarantee a slimmer look. Ones that end higher could cause a "bulge" over your knee, which doesn't look good at all.
- If you're are small (but fine), then please make sure you're wearing knee high socks which cut off below the knee and have a short hemline as it guarantees more "legroom" and a greater heigth for you.
- Avoid pairing them with tartan or plaid skits. Otherwise you would cause a school girl overtone, which is nearly a faux-pas.
- Layering knee high with tigh high socks can create a very sensational look, so don't be afraid trying that out.
- Last but not least: These socks can also work as a key piece of your outfit, if you're courageous enough to play with colours and drapery. If it's could outside, knitted stockings are a good alternative.
Click "read more" to read the whole article.
I hope I convinced you with these pretty looks. So, if you already gained some experience with knee high socks or tigh high socks feel free to leave a comment.