Rodarte says it with flowers

Although New York Fashion Week is already over, I cannot deny myself from posting about Rodarte's SS 2012 collection. I took advanced art in school, so it's an absolute must for me to comment these designs. Who'd have thunk that Vincent van Gogh delights us with a fashionable revival these days? Anyway, the parallels between van Gogh and the Mulleavy sister's collection can hardly be overlooked.
America's new fashion darlings have hitched their wagon to the Impressionists as seen on the show, sometimes pixellated and sometimes exactly like van Gogh's sun flowers or his starry night. Quite nice and definitively refreshing but foremost unusual for Kate an Laura which are moody and chin-stroking lovers of horror movies and gothic imagery. And even though they' re not my personal favorite, the designs are admirable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...